Katharine is an associate in the corporate team and is based in the Cambridge office. She joined Penningtons Manches Cooper in 2016, having qualified in 2014.
Advising clients in a variety of sectors, including technology, real estate and food and agriculture, Katharine specialises in particular in mergers and acquisitions, venture capital and fundraising transactions. She also deals with general corporate governance and shareholder and board advisory matters.
Katharine has been recognised in The Legal 500 as a ‘Rising Star’.
Recent work highlights
- Advising the shareholders of Newmarket-based Chemtest on their sale to Eurofins Scientific, the world’s largest group of laboratories.
- Acting for Blighter Surveillance Systems Limited, a radar technology company based outside Cambridge, on a growth capital funding led by venture debt firm, BOOST&Co.
- Advising Cambridge-based tech and support services company, GRC International Group Plc, on its IPO and admission to AIM.
- Acting for OQEMA, a global chemical company, on its acquisition of parts of the Whyte Chemicals Group in 2018 and its acquisition of Rocara, an Irish business with operations in Belfast and Dublin, in 2019.
- Acting for the shareholders of UK software business, Silverbear, on the sale to private equity backed ClearCourse Partnership LLP.