Ben is a senior associate in the real estate team in London. He is experienced in acting for developers, investors, occupiers, UHNW private clients and funders across a wide range of asset classes including offices, retail, industrial and residential property.
Ben frequently advises on the sale and purchase of investment properties and the acquisition and structuring of commercial, mixed-use and residential development sites. He also acts for serviced-office operators.
Clients value Ben’s proactive and commercial approach and his appreciation of the key drivers on transactions. He joined Penningtons Manches Cooper in 2018 from the City office of another leading international law firm.
Recent work highlights
- Acting on the sale of the share capital of a high-end serviced office provider to a private equity fund for a reported sum of £500 million.
- Assisting a high-end serviced office provider on a number of substantial lettings of prestigious sites throughout London.
- Acting for a US real estate fund on the £50 million acquisition of a prime Central London mixed-use building comprising two retail units with residential flats above.
- Advising a developer on a complicated, multi-phased, mixed-use development site in Ashford, Kent, which included the site set up documentation, sale of the residential units, letting of the commercial units and the forward funded sale of an adjoining development site.
- Acting for an UHNW private client on the acquisition of a Regent’s Park terrace for the development of the second largest private home in London, after Buckingham Palace.