Emma is a partner in the firm’s corporate department and is based in the Birmingham office. She advises on a wide range of corporate transactions, including acquisitions and disposals, private equity transactions, group reorganisations and shareholder arrangements, and is recognised for combining a deep technical knowledge with a practical approach to help her clients achieve their goals.
With a particular interest in early stage and growth businesses, she has also acted for large corporates, local authorities, universities and property development companies.
Emma joined Penningtons Manches Cooper in May 2021, having previously been a partner at another leading Midlands law firm.
Recent work highlights
- Representing London and Monaco based property developer REDD on the sale of its property company to Clifton Property Partners for a £35 million Mayfair scheme.
- Advising Islamic Development Bank on its investment into Kijani Energy Limited, a company which designs and builds innovative green technology solutions that manage the temperature and transportation of perishable crops in developing countries.
- Acting for Alliance Automotive Group, a subsidiary of Genuine Parts Alliance, the largest worldwide automotive parts distributor, on several acquisitions and a $1 billion group reorganisation.
- Advising chemical packing solutions and chemical products manufacturer Cedesa Limited on its establishment of an employee ownership trust.
- Advising Robin Hood Energy Limited and its shareholder Nottingham City Council on the sale of the business to British Gas.