Grant is a partner in our banking and finance team. He specialises in finance law including bilateral and syndicated secured and unsecured lending, trade finance and banking regulation and compliance. Grant has particular expertise in advising the London branches of overseas banks on a broad range of their operational, regulatory and transactional requirements.
He also has specific expertise in ship, yacht and structured finance work.
Grant became a partner in 1994 having joined the firm as a trainee solicitor in 1989.
Recent work highlights
- Advising and documenting a leading Arab banking group in relation to US$350 million invoice discounting facilities to a major European manufacturer.
- Advising a private bank on the restructuring and/or enforcement of its facilities to certain offshore trusts and related intercreditor issues.
- Advised a UK private bank advising in relation to its distressed superyacht portfolio.
- US$50m contract for new build of an innovative semi-submersible fish farm vessel in China.
- € 270m ongoing newbuild with Italian Yard and sistership options.
- Advised a major UAE bank in providing a $100 million borrowing base facility to fund the European operations of an international titanium dioxide manufacturer.