Richard is an associate in the commercial dispute resolution team in London, and acts for private individuals and corporate entities, across a range of commercial disputes.
He has particular experience in advising on claims arising from complex commercial contracts, professional negligence actions, trust disputes, debt recovery and international arbitration. Richard has represented clients - both claimants and defendants - in a series of forums, including the High Court, Court of Appeal and arbitration proceedings.
Qualifying as a solicitor in 2017, Richard joined Penningtons Manches Cooper in 2022 from the commercial dispute resolution department of an established West End firm, where he acted on a variety of matters.
Recent work highlights
- Acting for an international corporate client in LMAA arbitration proceedings worth approximately $20 million relating to disputed consignments of iron ore amid allegations of force majeure.
- Assisting with a multi-million pound High Court claim for breach of a contract subject to The Commercial Agents (Council Directive) Regulations 1993.
- Acting for a client in a breach of trust claim arising from the disputed investment of millions of pounds in commercial and residential properties in London.
- Representing clients in two different professional negligence actions against firms of solicitors; one following cybersecurity fraud resulting in the theft of £500,000, the other arising from the failure to issue legal proceedings in time.
- Assisting a client in a shareholder and director dispute involving allegations of fraud worth several hundred thousand pounds.
- Helping an ultra-high net worth individual client defend an application for a charging order over their home following a High Court judgment against their spouse.