Clare is a senior associate in the real estate team in London. She deals with a wide variety of work across the real estate spectrum, including acquisitions and disposals of both freehold and leasehold investment properties (including portfolio transactions); real estate finance; advising on non-contentious landlord and tenant matters; and development work.
Clare acts for a range of clients including institutional investors, private companies, private investors, property funds and retailers.
She joined Penningtons Manches Cooper in 2017 after qualifying with a leading global law firm in 2015.
Recent work highlights
- Acting for a large pension fund on the sale, purchase and ongoing management of a nationwide investment portfolio of commercial properties.
- Acting on the £247 million refinancing of 33 solar parks for a large European solar energy company. The deal is noted as being the largest institutional refinancing in the UK sector.
- Advising a range of lenders on the refinancing of properties, including industrial units, residential and commercial properties and mixed-use developments.
- Assisting on the acquisition of a 24.9 per cent interest in a $2 billion offshore wind farm project.
- Acting on the £117 million acquisition of a UK distributer of gasoline, diesel and associated products and services by a US company.