Nick is a partner in the banking and finance team. His experience covers a broad range of finance transactions in the European, Asian and emerging markets with significant expertise in trade and commodity finance, project finance, syndicated lending, private credit, debt finance, acquisition/leveraged finance, real estate finance, export credit finance, structured finance and restructuring.
His clients include commercial and investment banks, development finance institutions, hedge funds, private equity houses, and investment funds, as well as sponsors and corporates in various sectors. He has also spent time on secondment at two global banks in Singapore.
Nick has been listed as a recognised banking & finance practitioner in Asialaw as well as rated for acquisition finance in Singapore by Legal 500.
Recent work highlights
- Acted for syndicate of lenders in S$750 million refinancing of sustainability-linked syndicated loan to a major telecommunication group in Singapore.
- Advised Indonesia’s second largest coal mining group in US$100 million trade and import line guarantee facilities and LC issuance, negotiation, and discounting facilities with lenders in connection with the sale and purchase and export/import of commodities by the group.
- Acted for syndicate of lenders in S$125 million offshore-onshore PRC real estate refinancing for subsidiaries of a major real estate developer in respect of the redevelopment of a mixed-use retail/residential/office complex in Guangdong Province, PRC.
- Advised lender in acquisition financing for the acquisition of O&G assets in Indonesia owned by a major US headquartered O&G multinational.
- Acted for syndicate of lenders in a US$60 million acquisition financing for the take-private of a HKSE-listed company operating 80 hypermarkets, retail stores and 3 shopping malls in the PRC.
- Advised a listed energy sponsor and debt provider in the restructuring of debt and investment obligations into several wind projects in Vietnam.