Greg is a senior associate in the real estate team in London with over ten years of experience in acting for investors, developers, retailers and restaurateurs.
His successful track record encompasses a broad spectrum of high value and complex transactions including the acquisition and disposal of large industrial units, shopping centres and estates; the development and redevelopment of residential, industrial and other commercial sites; the management of investment and retail portfolios; and both conventional and Islamic funding and refinancing.
Greg combines detailed legal insight and pragmatism with an appreciation of his clients’ key commercial drivers. He joined Penningtons Manches Cooper in 2018 from the City office of another leading UK law firm.
Recent work highlights
- Acting for a private developer on the acquisition, funding and development of a brownfield site for use as around 500 student flats with an anticipated gross developed value of approximately £60 million.
- Managing the new phase of a regional shopping centre which involved entering into pre-let agreements with national retailers and restaurateurs.
- Leading a team on an investment acquisition of an industrial estate by a national retailer for £36 million.
- Dealing with the acquisition and financing of a £50 million development in London with the benefit of planning permission for around 100 flats and commercial units.
- Acting on the sale of serviced plots on two industrial estates in a £35 million deal that was conditional on various matters including obtaining planning permission, the diversion of a footpath and the completion of infrastructure works to serve the plots.