David is a consultant in our Guildford office specialising in real estate and residential development work. He is regularly involved in substantial acquisitions and disposals, negotiating complex transactions, development and funding work.
His experience includes advising on industrial, office, retail and landlord and tenant matters. A long-standing client is a leading state of the art motor car designer and project developer of electric and green energy city cars for whom David advises on all property related work alongside other specialist teams providing advice on trademarks, technology and knowhow agreements, design rights, licensing agreements etc.
David represents a range of other clients including private individual investors, UK PLCs, overseas clients and the leading United Kingdom Offshore Powerboat Racing Clubs. He is also a Notary Public.
Recent work highlights
- Acting on the acquisition and development of a major country house mansion for conversion to 12 uber-prime luxury apartments with a gross GDV of between £20 and £30 million.
- Advising a local charitable trust on a strategic multi million pound development of a green field site to provide 70 bed care home with an adjoining state of the art outpatients department.
- Handling the complex sale of an ex-farm for residential development including negotiating the option agreement, funding documentation and overage.
- Negotiating the purchase of and acting in the development and sale of a period barn conversion to exclusive residential units.
- Acting for a prominent theatre ticketing agency on all its property work including dealing with leases of multiple ticket sales outlets.
- Advising and acting for high worth individual and corporate bodies in the investment and development of commercial and residential property as well as for mainstream and boutique banks on secured funding of developments.