Our client received morphine for pain relief, but was given a significant overdose that resulted in her suffering a near-death experience and post-traumatic stress disorder.
She needed ventilating because she suffered aspiration pneumonia, regurgitating her stomach contents and resulting in admission to ITU. She also had a pre-existing skin condition that caused her to suffer severe blisters which the hospital failed to manage properly.
Our medical negligence solicitors negotiated settlement of this case for damages of £175,000. The claim had the benefit of Legal Services Commission funding.