Nick is a senior associate in the corporate team. He advises on domestic and international mergers, acquisitions and disposals, joint ventures, corporate finance and venture capital and has a particular focus on transactions where technology or intellectual property are central.
Many of Nick’s clients are active in the technology, media and telecoms or life sciences sectors. They range from start-ups and high growth companies to larger listed companies as well as high net worth individuals and successful entrepreneurs. He has a strong track record in complex and high value transactions with a cross-border element, especially in the US.
Nick trained and qualified into the private equity team of a Magic Circle law firm. Earlier in his career he spent nine months seconded to the legal department of Goldman Sachs.
Recent work highlights
- Acting for DiffBlue Limited, an artificial intelligence software company, on its £17 million Series A funding round led by Goldman Sachs Principal Strategic Investments, alongside Oxford Sciences Innovation and the Oxford Technology and Innovations Fund.
- Advising Oxford Drug Design Limited, the leading computer aided drug design and 3D chemical database company, on its fund raise supported by both existing shareholders including IP Group plc and new investors including Busolantix Investment SA, O2h Ventures and a number of business angels.
- Acting for the majority shareholders and investor lenders on the sale of Peerius Limited, an omni-channel personalisation software company, to Episerver, a portfolio company of Accel-KKR.
- Advising EnzBond Limited, a developer of technology to speed up enzyme discovery, on its spin-out from Oxford University and seed funding from Oxford Sciences Innovation plc.
- Advising PrEP Biopharm Limited, a drug development company for respiratory infectious disease products, on its spin-off from Johnson and Johnson and Series A fund raising.