Tony is an experienced real estate lawyer who joined the Guildford office in 2015 having worked with a City firm for many years. He acts for a number of property companies, developers and owner occupiers and deals with all aspects of commercial property work including investment portfolio acquisitions and disposals, commercial leases, acting for both landlord and tenant, and all related documentation.
He has particular experience in development work and specialises in advising on deal structures to enable the acquisition subsequent development and disposal of sites.
Tony also deals with overage agreements which are increasingly common in this market, and in other complex and unusual transactions.
Recent work highlights
- Assisting with the disposal of a large industrial park in the Southampton area to ABP at a price of £89 million, with the benefit of Crown leases.
- Acting for administrators on a lease of restaurant premises at a significant rent in the Covent Garden area, together with the related development agreement, overage agreement and pre-emption agreement, as well as acting on the subsequent sale of the investment.
- Playing a key role in the disposal of a portfolio of 18 properties to Goldman Sachs at a price of £75 million.
- Acting for the landlord in putting in place the lease of Marchwood Power Station, Southampton, a £100 million project, together with all related easements and leases of inlet and outlet structures.
- Advising the tenant on a tidal energy lease from the Crown of part of the sea bed, designed to derive energy from tidal movement, after all testing and infrastructure was put in place.