The lockdown restrictions have meant that a number of organisations have been forced to close their offices and explore alternative ways of getting documents signed. Due to restrictions in existing governance documentation as to how and by whom documents could be signed, a number of organisations were forced to adapt and make changes to ensure business continuity.
We regularly advise clients regarding issues surrounding document execution and there are some common pitfalls that can easily be avoided.
The housing sector now faces the challenge of continuing Covid-19 restrictions, increasing levels of engagement from regulatory bodies and the rising use of alternative execution methods.
In this webinar, Ellen Damlica and Sharon Thandi, associates in our housing corporate and governance team, will explore how the housing sector can meet legal and internal execution requirements including:
• common areas of confusion when executing documents;
• the implications of invalid execution;
• the legal and internal execution requirements for companies and community benefit societies;
• the form and use of powers of attorneys; and
• recent legal developments in relation to the use of electronic signatures.
Date: Tuesday 6 October 2020
Time: 10.00am - 10.45am BST
Register: To register for this webinar please click here.
If you have any queries, please email Vicki Cozens or call Vicki on 01256 407161.