Collaboration in the housing sector: where to start?
Event date: 04/03/21
As housing providers continue to navigate the choppy waters of 2021, the continued importance of the need for the increased supply of safe homes and the maintenance of good quality services to residents has been emphasised. Against a backdrop of economic uncertainty and a long list of competing priorities for housing providers to tackle, the impetus to collaborate has never been greater – but where do you begin?
Join senior associate Rose Klemperer and associate Ellen Damlica for this webinar where they will go ‘back to basics’ when it comes to collaboration. In particular, they will discuss:
- What does collaboration mean? – there is a spectrum of collaboration options to consider, encompassing a variety of joint working and partnership ventures. Rose and Ellen will explore the key principles of collaboration;
- What collaboration structures are available? - this webinar will outline some of the more familiar structures across the sector alongside some of the more unusual models and how to identify what, if any, structure may be most appropriate for your organisation in meeting its strategic objectives;
- The regulatory, sector and political drivers behind collaboration – Rose and Ellen will examine the specific expectations placed on housing providers under the Regulatory Framework and the NHF Code of Governance 2020. Furthermore, they will review the key political initiatives and recent grant announcements and how they may impact on further collaboration opportunities and drivers;
- The roadmap to collaboration – Rose and Ellen will discuss the key things to consider before pursuing any type of collaboration, including potential hurdles and risks;
- The role of the board and executive team - the importance of robust governance and oversight when it comes to planning for and undertaking a collaboration project is not to be downplayed. This session will discuss key duties and responsibilities for the board and executive team to bear in mind when it comes to undertaking and managing a collaboration project.
This webinar is free of charge and will run from 10.00am - 11.00am. It is aimed at executive directors, chairs, heads of development, board members and heads of governance.
If you have any queries or would like to register, please email Vicki Cozens or call Vicki on 01256 407161.